Keep it up – every day – yep, I said it, every day.
But here’s one that you can do for just one day (sort of). I want you to make a December/Christmas bucket list.
If you celebrate Christmas this is a great idea to make sure you are getting the most from the holiday season. If you don’t celebrate Christmas you can still join in by creating a list of all the things you want to do this December.
I want you to make your own, but I’m going to give you mine so that you can use it for inspiration.
Christmas Bucket List
- Decorate the house
- Make a Christmas tree ornament
- Watch a Christmas film (Elf for me)
- Donate to a food bank/homeless shelter
- Take silly Christmas photos
- Take a drive and look at the Christmas lights
- Write and send Christmas cards (with proper messages to those I care about)
- Make a drink Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows in
- Make a Gingerbread house
- Make some seed and nut fatballs to feed the birds
- Make the house smell like Christmas (baked apples, cinnamon, cloves, sandalwood and oranges)
- Take some stuff to the charity shop
- Sing loudly to Christmas songs
- Go for a long walk in the country
- Dry orange slices
- Make some Christmas cookies and give them to the neighbours
- Snuggle up by the fire with a good book
- Wear fluffy socks
- Drink some mulled cider
- Go Ice skating
- Kiss someone you love under the mistletoe
- Wear a Christmas jumper
- Have a pamper day – hair, nails and feet looking their best for Christmas parties
- Donate to an animal shelter – food, toys or bedding
- Eat a candy cane
- Decorate the table for Christmas dinner
So as I said – this one is a one off. You just need to do all the things on it, and that could take all month!
Only put things on the list that YOU want to do – don’t try to fit into anyone else’s expectation of what you should or shouldn’t be doing. It’s your list.
Also whilst I would love for you to do all the things on your list, you may not get them all done, and that’s OK – there’s always next year, or maybe you could just extend it into to January….it’s all flexible. It’s your list, your life and your experience – do it any way that works well for you. Having said that, it there is something that you’ve put on your list that you never get round to doing, ask yourself why. Is it because you didn’t really want to do it in the first place? Or maybe you do want to do it but can’t quite fund a way to make it happen…If that’s the case you need to make a plan and make it happen. Your Life if Your responsibility – make the things you want to happen happen.
So go forth and get on with your amazing Christmas Bucket List.
Sometimes we can all do with a little helping hand to get us moving. If you need help with motivation or planning, maybe you could use the help of a therapist or life coach. We’re out there and happy to get you where you want to be.